Digital Recording Studio
2 Michael Pyms Road
Wilts SN16 9TY
Moonstone Studios was originally set up in 1994, by Dave Bankhead, with its primary aim as a resource for Christian musicians and worship leaders, and for the making of professional quality worship albums.
Since 2001, it has undergone several major changes, and now has many state-of-the-art equipment additions (see equipment list)
For some time, it has been used by a wide range of Christian organisations and individual worship leaders based in the U.K.
As the ministry of We Are One! has developed, the studio is being increasingly used as a resource to foster and encourage the worship cultures of other much less affluent countries.
List of Clients
A full list of worship albums made at Moonstone Studios would be too long to include here; instead here are the names of some of the Christian organisations and record companies that have put the studio to good use at some time or other:
- ALLIANCE MUSIC
- ICHTHUS FAMILY WORSHIP (All FW Albums)
- KEVIN MAYHEW PUBLICATIONS (WORLD WIDE WORSHIP)
- KINGSWAY MUSIC
- NEXUS CHRISTIAN MUSIC ACADEMY, COVENTRY
- (YOUTH FOR CHRIST Affiliated)
- OUT OF THE ARK (Childrens Educational Resources)
- TEAR FUND (Radio promotional music tracks, reports and interviews)
- THE BIBLE SOCIETY (various video soundtracks)
A number of individuals have also used the studio facilities extensively for major projects.
If you are a worship leader, recording artist, or Christian musician with an upcoming project in mind, do feel free to e-mail or contact us direct at the studio!
- Inta-Audio X4R Pro Music Quad Core PC
running Cubase 4 midi and audio sequencer
with MOTU Audiowire 24 i/o audio interface
- Mackie 32/8 analog mixing desk
- Dynaudio BM15 & Yamaha NS10 monitoring
- Waves Renaissance software processing
- Antares AutoTune Evo
- TC Electronics M3000 reverb,
- Lexicon MPX 1; MPX500 reverbs;
- TC D2 delay; M1XL reverb;
- Focusrite and Alesis compressors,
- Drawmer gates
- Full range of drum and vocal mikes;
- Neumann TL103; Beyer M201; Rode NT3’s;
- Sennheiser 401’s; AKG D12; etc
Keyboards and Modules
- Spectrasonics Stylus RMX expanded; Trilogy; Atmosphere
- Korg, Kurzweil and Roland keyboards and modules
Mixing and Mastering
- Digital Mastering via Steinberg WaveLab
- TC Electronic 96k Finalizer
Two Sizeable Recording Locations
- Visual linking from one of these to spacious control room.
- Normal studio rates £18/hour, or £180 per day